Saturday, May 25, 2013

RESPECT FOR THOSE WHO SERVE


All have served and now serve with dignity, honor, pride, and have this American's heart


THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED:

Curt Pearson, my Dad, was marine Air Corps in the Pacific in the Solomon Islands on Beauganville in WWII.

Uncle Carroll Simpson served in the Korean Conflict.  My first memories of a president was President Truman coming on our Muntz TV in the evenings and talking to the country about how that war was going on.  Daddy had bought the Muntz TV because he thought he would have to go to Korea but it was Momma's baby brother Uncle Carroll who went instead as a young Marine.

My brother-in-law Mike Burke from Vienna, Va. served in Viet Nam.  He had his R&R in Hawaii and my sister Linda flew over to be with him.

My brother Fred Pearson, a young Marine, served during Nam but was never sent overseas because he was an only son and I wonder if they still do that.  He would rather have gone.

Nephew Nick Starzer served in the Army in the Iraq War.


THOSE NOW SERVING

Nephew Brandon Quackenbush serves in the Navy.

Nephews Shane and Justin Abold, brothers, both serve in the Coast Guard.

Cousin Patricia Kutch, Coast Guard.

These are my family members.  Thank you for your service.

Who else will serve?  Will my grandsons be called?  We will never be without conflict.  God Bless America.


No comments:

Post a Comment