Wednesday, January 30, 2013

QUIPS AND QUOTES AND THIS AND THAT

A little of this and a little of that gleaned from conversations and such the last six months.

1.  "T-minus Merlot"

2.  I finally put the down comforter on the bed last night and along with the new pillow top mattress it felt like I was going to sleep in the middle of a marshmallow.  November 2012

3.  I don't text.  I just found out today that K is text speak for an answer to a question.  Imagine that, having to shorten OK.

 4.  MUSIC     By Sandy Abold
                       A cacophony of discordant noise.
                       Oh, please no.
                       Please, yes, please
                       Sound so sweet to ease my soul

5.  "Generally...by the time you are Real..most of your hair has been loved off..and your eyes don't see as well and you get loose in the joints and very shabby.  But these things don't matter at all..because once you are Real you can't be ugly..except to people who don't understand."   The Velveteen Rabbit

6.  "FELONIOUS STUPIDITY" - don't remember where I saw this this fall but loved it.  I wish it were my original thought.

7.  Border collies are THE smartest dogs.  I saw a test once on a TV show where they put a blanket over  a dog to see how long it would take it to find it's way out.  This was a test for intelligence.  The border collie was out immediately.  The poor basset hound never did find it's way out and had to be rescued.

8.  Too old for make up sex.  Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment