Saturday, April 20, 2013

EYE KNOW


I wish I'd written the line "blue eyes crying in the rain".   A simple line and so much emotion.  My eyes are green with envy.

I wish I'd written the line "don't it make my brown eyes blue". Lovely and soulful.  My eyes are green and sad.

I wish I'd written the line "I only have eyes for you, dear."   I love the "dear",  a sentiment that reminds me of holding a dirty martini in one hand and a cigarette in a long black holder in the other, wearing a little cocktail party hat with feathers and netting covering my eyes.  Provocative.  My eyes are green and haughty.

I wish I'd written the line "These eyes are cryin' these eyes have seen a lot of loves but they're never gonna see another one like I had with you".  My eyes are green and knowing.

I wish I'd written the line "There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes."  My eyes are green with jealousy.

I wish I'd written the line "When a lovely flame dies smoke gets in your eyes".  Sweet sadness.  My eyes are green with yearning.

Blue eyes in rain and brown eyes are blue and my green eyes can't hide these smokey tears for you.

I wish I'd written the line.
     





              

2 comments:

  1. You may have not written those lines...but you sure did write a blog about'em! My Eyes are Brown because I am full of _______. Aaha! The word here is Chocolate. The Dark-Bitter-Sweet kind. Enjoyed reading your Blog.

    ReplyDelete